Air Conditioning Maintenance
Preventative Maintenance and Inspection
What Cooler Tymes does when they come out to do a System Check-up:
- Comprehensive full system examination and necessary maintenance
- Check refrigerant levels
- Check for refrigerant leaks throughout the entire system
- Check for any other leaks in the system
- Check Pressure of system
- Check Temperatures throughout the system, including vents in home
- Check capacitor levels (remaining capacity); gather capacitor readings from both indoor and outdoor systems (blower in attic/garage/other and outdoor unit which drives compressor and fan motor)
- Check all electrical connections
- Ensure that everything is tight throughout the system
- Ensure no wires are rubbing/wearing out
- Check for proper airflow of outdoor condensing unit
- Check for dust or clogs in system
- Inspect indoor evaporator coil in attic or garage/other location (depending on home)
- Check all sensors across the system – varies depending on home
- Verify vents are properly opened and angled throughout house
- Check Carbon Monoxide levels in duct system if there is a furnace present
- Check thermostat for proper operation
- Verify that wall is sealed behind thermostat
Every house is set up differently, so this is just a general list about what may be checked when we inspect your system.
Cooler Tymes offers a Maintenance Agreement that is an incredible benefit and convenience to customers. If you choose to enter a Maintenance Agreement Contract with Cooler Tymes, we will prioritize you over new customers; this priority status will allow you to be able to jump to the top of the list for any inspections, maintenance, or repairs if you call us on a busy day. You will also receive discounted rates on repairs, parts, and so on. This is especially useful in the summer months.
For our customers who have a Maintenance Agreement Contract, we generally come out twice a year for a check-up of their system(s). Sometimes we come out in the summer and winter, and other times we come out in the spring and fall — it is all up to the customer’s needs and desires.
Unlike other companies, we do not set these inspections up just to sell our customers unnecessary products, replacements, or repairs. These check-ups are a sincere, honest, preventative appointment where we check the entire system thoroughly to ensure that nothing is about to fail imminently.
Think of these appointments like an oil change for your car, a regular cleaning/inspection of your teeth at the dentist, or a check-up appointment with your doctor – while these are certainly beneficial appointments to keep for numerous reasons, things still happen in life no matter how diligent we are about them. As a result, occasionally Cooler Tymes (or any other company) can check up on a system and ensure everything is working perfectly only to discover an issue down the road. However, these inspections are incredibly effective in rooting out any potential serious issues well before they become too serious.
While we certainly can’t see the future, we do try our very best to keep any unforeseen circumstances in check and attempt to catch them ahead of time. There is nothing worse than an air conditioner breaking down in the middle of a Phoenix summer, so keeping up with your air conditioning system’s health is highly recommended in order to prevent, as much as possible, any incredibly uncomfortable – or even dangerous – air conditioning failures.
There are some who may think a Maintenance Agreement is a scam, and with many other dishonest HVAC companies out there, it is hard to blame them. However, if this contract is set up by a trustworthy, legitimate, honest company, the end result is fabulous. We highly encourage you to check out our Yelp, Angie’s List, and Google reviews to see what our customers are saying about us – hopefully you will agree that we are an honest, trustworthy company. We are looking out for you, your family, your home, and your air conditioning unit, and we have your best interests in mind at all times.
Finally, the last aspect of these Maintenance Agreements is that they are transferable – if you end up moving to a new home locally while your contract is still in effect, you will be able to take it with you to your new home. Unfortunately, due to the fact that we are a small, local, family-owned business in the West Valley, we have to limit this transfer benefit to those moving to a new home within the area. However, this should at least give you a bit more peace of mind if you are considering one of these contracts.
If you are interested in a Maintenance Agreement Contract with Cooler Tymes, please give us a call or email for further information. We will be able to give you further details, such as contract lengths and prices depending on options you choose, when you get in touch with us.