If you live in the Surprise AZ like us, your air conditioner is already getting a workout. Here are a few inexpensive tips to make sure your HVAC system is running at its peak efficiency:
- Change your filters regularly. Most filters range in price from $15 to $30 depending on the air conditioning or heating system you have in your home. Many A/C systems don’t even require any special tools to replace them.
- Run your ceiling fans on low or medium to even out hotspots throughout your home or business. More comfort for you and easier on your A/C system.
- Install a thermostat with a “Circulation or Re-circulate” mode fan. Much like keeping your ceiling fans moving, a recirculation thermostat allows your HVAC system to run its fan even when the A/C unit is off. This improves temperature control, humidity and filtration system in a house. It allows “averaging” of air temperature throughout the house and eliminates stagnant and uncomfortable air that a thermostat can’t detect.
- Keep your outdoor condenser coil clean. Free air flow over they coils and fins is critical. Dirty, smashed fins, or leaf debris all make your A/C work much harder and prevents the systems from keeping your home as cool as it can be.
- Have a technician check your heat pump/AC system’s superheat or sub cooling.
Most of what we’ve suggested doesn’t require an air conditioning system technician to come out to your house to preform the tasks, many can be done by you with minimal or no tools. Keeping cool and running your air conditioning efficiently is key to saving money during the hot Arizona summer months.
Cooler Tymes is a surprise Arizona-based heating and cooling system contractor that services the cities of Surprise, Avondale, Litchfield, Goodyear, Peoria, Glendale, Buckeye and Maricopa. We are happy to help with all of your home or business air-conditioning and heating system needs.
Call today and talk to Mike to find out how we can help you. Tel: 623-206-6770 and tell him you read on the website!